IT Service Management (ITSM) tools are process-based practice, aimed towards lining up the delivery of information technology services with business needs such as improving workflow and reducing costs while simultaneously enhancing customer service.
Promisec infrastructure complements and enrich most ITSM tools by integration and interaction, eventually improving IT processes and decreasing mean time to repair.
ITSM tools are commonly used to centralize information from many systems and applications in order to provide centralized technical and business view to various IT teams.
Based on Promisec research, 20% of the endpoints information is missing or inaccurate, as agents are not deployed on all endpoints or not functioning properly. Thus providing partial IT view, and may mislead decision makers to assume that the IT status is at normal state.
This is where Promisec unique approach complements and insures that the data collected from endpoints is 100% full scope and accurate, using direct connection to the endpoints and servers, with no “mediators” (No WMI, no agents).
The benefit to the customers by integration of Promisec to SOC / NOC / Ticketing is huge, as it provides independent accurate status that reflects the real IT status, showing only what is wrong, based on the policy set in the organization. Promisec also saves the amount of work needed to develop “connectors”, as it collects vast and accurate information directly.
Promisec can also track events till it’s closure, and notify for any change in status of these systems, performing near real time “Detection to Remediation” operational mode.
- PUSH – Syslog & SNMP – pushing syslog alerts depending on the deferent severities that were configured to a 3rd party tool or log collector system.
- PULL – ITSM tools or Log Collectors access directly to Promisec’s INNERspace database routinely, or even imports info from flat files in order to gathers the required events
- Promisec can refine the information based on severity, rating, category, and impact (one-time event, resurfaced event, and more).
Example for ticketing workflow
Integration and event workflow with BMC Remedy Ticketing system
- Define and set events for propagation
- Detect policy gap
- Open Ticket (based on Remedy scheme)
- PEM Fix (remediation)
- Re-inspect endpoint
- Verify the fix
- Close Ticket